It would not be wrong to say that content is the lifeblood of Internet Marketing, and when it comes to creating content for company website, expectations are even more. Your website design content is what that determines the success and failure of your site and ultimately the future of your business. This is because your website is the first customer contact point and compromising with its quality means compromising with your lead conversion rates. But why the content is so important? Well, the simplest answer to this question is Google norms.
Google’s Panda algorithm always looks for unique, high-quality web content online and rank the websites based on that. There are many other ranking factors as well, but this one largely affects your site’s visibility on SERPs. Another factor is how you represent it and use relevant keywords to let people easily find you. This is where SEO lies. You could be able to drive traffic to your website by ranking it on certain keywords, but how will you convert those visitors into leads? The obvious answer is creating amazing content that is informative and compelling.
Let’s have a look at the following 5 tips to know how you can create amazing content for your website.
- Create informative, relevant and valuable content: Creating engaging, informative, relevant and consistent content is the core of Inbound Marketing strategy. You need to understand that the expectations of both Google and audience from your content are same. They look for something that is unique and provides some extraordinary information they’ve never read before. Don’t just copy and paste marketing materials from here and there. Create your own blogs, videos, podcasts or ebooks and offer them as gated content to change a visitor into a lead. Make sure the content you’re creating matches your buyer personas i.e. the needs of your target audience.
- Use catchy headlines and tag lines: Your headlines and tag lines must be catchy enough to hit the reader’s mind immediately. You must have noticed many companies having their own unique tag lines. These few characters actually have a lot enough to say about your company. It reflects about your vision, mission and objectives, so they must be memorable. Keep your headlines and tag lines short and simple, but try to capture the entire feel of your brand into it. Well, if you want an example, nothing could beat this tag line, “Think Different” because these words reflect the innovative mind of Apple.
- Make your content scannable: Some people just like to scan the main ideas from the content. These people are rarely interested in reading your entire story, company’s history, objectives or other stuff that doesn’t add value to their precious time. So, it’s important to make your content easily scannable. Keep it crisp, short, simple and relevant to your product/service offerings. Divide it into easily readable chunks to convey the main message clearly.
- Keep SEO in mind: Good SEO practices are as important as good content. While writing the web content, you must focus on a number of keywords per page to boost your ranking in SERPs. Also make sure to use them in a right way with right density, proximity and prominence. Your keywords should be included in the headlines, main content body, meta descriptions, meta titles, page URLs, image file names and image ALT tags.
- Use visual aids: Images are tempting because they appeal to the eyes. Arm your plain monochromatic text with a few images to make the content interesting and engaging. However, keep them limited to just a few otherwise it could be distracting for the readers. Your visuals should add value to the content, not dominate it. Infographics are quite in trend these days and hence, it’s not a bad idea to include them wherever you think they can add value. Videos and storyboards can also be considered.
The bottom line
The internet has become a competitive marketplace. To stay in the race, you need to make sure that you are touching every aspect of it and taking advantage of every opportunity it provides. Hope, the above mentioned tips will help you in reaching your marketing goals.
This article was contributed by Novage Communications who are a full service digital agency. With some of Singapore’s best web designers they provide quality websites, ecommerce solutions and online marketing services.